Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 57
Do Dogs feel the cold like humans?

Thread: Do Dogs feel the cold like humans?

Thanks

Do Dogs feel the cold like humans?

We have potential for snow in the UK in the coming days, which has set me off thinking.

If I were to go out with no shoes in snow, I would be hopping around within seconds, complaining about the cold on my feet, and worrying about what nasty things would happen to me as a result.

But, we let our pets out in the cold, they walk in the snow, and indeed sometimes appear to enjoy it.

Now our dogs come inside and love to lay in front of a warm fire or radiator, but still don't seem to worry about walking on cold or frozen ground, and never seem to suffer ill effects.

So my question is, do they not feel the cold like us?

Thanks
    I think that the simple answer to that is, they have fur coats on. Having said that, Lewis a yellow who is no longer with us, did cut his pad very badly on ice. He ended up having a couple of stitches in.

My boys have the red heat lamp on them during the night, and day if its particularly cold.

The only answer for me is, yes they do feel the cold, but like us, I don't know.

Thanks
    I don't argue that they don't feel; cold in their bodies, but how do they walk on ice without feeling it.

Just try walking on icy land (without shoes) and see how you fair, then look at you own dogs and tell me how do they do it.

Thanks
    I reminded that Cyberian Dogs are created with such a design that they can walk on snow easily. Rather, they
    are used to pull the carts for transportation. They are only a breed of dog and I'm sure that there are much more
    similarities between all breeds. So, the structure of the dogs' paws help them.

Thanks
    My baldies feel the cold lol Have to chase them outside when its cold. I also know when its raining without lookin out as all the Cresties are still under the duvet hiding lol

Thanks
    Well I don't have enough knowledge about it but I believe that everyone has its own perception and I think I can
    append something. Actually, we are not allowed to comment of God's Creatures. That is perfect enough what
    the God has Created. Dogs are created with their own anatomy and attitude that is helpful for it to survive.
    Hope you got the idea.

Thanks
    Chances are you might even see him shaking if you watch for a few minutes. Turn the heat up and set up a nice warm bed by the fire. Blankets are great for warmth at home. If your dog is outside, a blanket will not work. They get damp and hold the cold. You’re better off with chaff bedding and a small doghouse to hold in your dog’s body heat.

Thanks
    I think fur does insulate them, however dogs with short coats are affected by the cold a lot more severely than long-haired, double-coated dogs like Huskies/Malamutes. Dogs with short fur can't be out in the bitter cold for very long without their health being at risk.

Thanks
    You can buy some good dog bed also so that your pet relax on a warm bed.
    dog beds (pets-warehouse(dot)co(dot)uk/dog%20/dog-beds)